Thread: Build Log TOPMODEL CZ GRAFAS glider
View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by mikmerl
Athens, Greece
Joined Apr 2010
455 Posts
Graham I had decided to do something completely alien to me and that is to follow the instructions.
The end ribs of the wing panels have slots milled into them to accommodate MPX plugs which are also called for in the assembly manual. (see attachment)
When I was rummaging through my wiring odds and ends box just before I started soldering I came up with a pair of MPX to J type servo plugs that I had made for my Dragonfly Strong but they were too short (I had to send a trained hamster into the fuselage to get to the receiver). However these turned out to be perfect for the GRAFAS glider so I decided at the last moment to simply solder the adjacent MPX plugs to the wing servo ends as well and use them as seen in attached photo. One plug is for the aileron servos and the other is for the flap servos. (and yes I did simply use servo plugs for the outer wing panel aileron servo connectors after all) (see attachment)
I had already deviated from the manual anyway by modifying the firewall to accommodate a larger outrunner motor.
mikmerl is offline Find More Posts by mikmerl