Thread: Discussion Utah DLG happenings...
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by J_Arner
Limbo with 30,000V...
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,360 Posts
Salonit RX finally showed up today. I still don't have a peg in it though. I'm not real happy with the rudder deflection on the spring side. RX is installed along with my first ever switchjack .

I stopped by Barnes Park today to test repairs and new blade install on the Epona. It was blowing 8~15 outta the N. with fits of icy snow coming down. Yeah I got out and threw anyway. As I was checking things over 3 20 somethings pulled up so the ring leader could fly his 450 heli. I asked a few questions as he was setting up, one had to do with the wind. He said it didn't make much difference on the heli . I watched him take off and do a flip, he promptly landed and said "wow guess the wind does make a difference". Luckily I did a pre flight and found out I hadn't plugged the wing connector in . I bummed a Phillips from the heli guy and fixed the problem. They watched me throw a couple times (that's all I could stand ). They were pretty amazed by the glider but they didn't stick around to talk, not that I blame them, it was cold!
J_Arner is offline Find More Posts by J_Arner