View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by zrobbie
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Thank you Tom and everyone, Let me rephrase the question I asked earlier.
Is there any way to get windows media player and windows movie maker to work with a .mov? Or, Are there any programs that will work that are as simple as the afore mentioned programs as I am that simple too.
You have to understand if I can't figure how to make something work on my computer it will not work for me so there has to be an alternative of some kind.
I downloaded the ffdshow and I couldn't bequin to tell you where to start, there are six selections and no help. The avidemux page has nothing to inform a moron like me what to pick. please help me
I tried renaming the .mov to .mp4 and no luck. I cannot get my sound recorder to work internally to make a .wav directly from a .mov . I need edit a clip for just a high speed pass to use the sound for a wavoscope doppler reading. I can make a foam jet go 170mph but I can't get this for the life of me.
Tom
ApexAero,
Here is one way. Download Pazera Free Mov to Avi. With that you can covert the mov to many formats. For your purposes, add your mov file. Check the box "Do not copy video stream" and select the audio format you want (mp3, wma etc). Click Convert. Import into WMM, and edit it to the section you want for wavescope. If wavescope requires wav then you will have to convert. I use the free Switch Sound File Converter. Import to wavescope and have fun. My personal opinion is that if you are capable of using wavescope, you will have no trouble with Mov to AVI program.

Extra info: Pazera Mov to AVI will convert the MOV to AVI, MPG, and others. It's easy to select your desired codec for audio or video. You can choose not to convert audio or video. You can choose bit rates and fps or choose auto. You can use 2 pass or not. You can also select rates or auto in audio. For those who are afraid to try the software to remove the date stamp, you can easily crop it off if you like with Pazera Mov to AVI. I also use Pazera's free Audio Extractor, and FLV to AVI.
zrobbie is offline Find More Posts by zrobbie