View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by Aralan
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
I believe these are made to be interchangable with the DPS-600B power supplies. They both carry the ESP135 tag and provide +12V 47A. It looks like they only have subtle differences from the outside, such as fan position. External connectors are the same. Mine seems to be manufactured by LiteOn, I'm not sure who makes the DPS-600B.

Here are some pictures of the outside and inside of the power supply. Unfortunately this forum software always seems to rotate pictures taken by my phone oddly. This power supply has a very similar setup for connecting the hot plug board, but the bars extend all the way down to the board and get soldered and screwed in rather than using the standoffs.

If you have any guidance on getting the main board out of the case that would be helpful. I was thinking that perhaps I could simply cut the bars, and then use some nuts to attach a set of ring terminals to the main board. There may not be enough threads exposed on the existing screw to do that though. If I can pull the board, I could completely remove the bar, and then reuse the screw and a nut to attach a terminal to the board.

So, I'm fairly certain your kit will still work, it will just require a bit of additional work due to the way the bars are set up in these power supplies. It's possible, although not certain, that the pinout for the header could be different too. I suppose I'll also need to find out where the DC ground is tied to the case so that I can disconnect it.
Aralan is offline Find More Posts by Aralan