View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by cmerighe
Joined Jul 2010
403 Posts
(I'll keep my revision history below updated.)

HERE IT IS, MY MAIDEN FLIGHT:

Maiden Flight -- Tower Hobbies P-51D Mustang EP RxR (8 min 28 sec)

REVISION HISTORY:
* 2011/02/02: The plane has a very weak spot, the landing gear mounts. The tiny plastic mounts can not sustain rough landings. The rest of the plane can take a beating. Assuming that one will not have a rough landing is unrealistic. Keep some speed for landing, but just a little throttle will not be enough to keep the air speed needed to kiss the ground. I had some throttle on yesterday during a landing. I didn't think it hit the ground too hard, but both landing gear mounts broke in half. My other planes would have been ok. I will have to decide whether I will try to keep the stock landing gears or upgrade with something different.
* 2011/02/04: I used Gorilla glue to glue the landing gear back on. It's a new bottle, and, for the first time ever, it set without expanding and making a mess.
* 2011/02/10: The landing gear set (mounts + wheels) from a ParkZone Corsair works PERFECTLY. I had several flights yesterday (serveral battery packs), ranking from mild to rough landings, and the new landing gears are quite strong. Now the plane's ONLY weakness is gone for me.
* 2011/02/14: If will fly tail heavy if you set the CG exactly at the indicated spot.
* 2011/02/18: The tail wheel assembly has finally finished breaking off. It's a weak spot. I'll be buying/ordering a Dubro tail wheel bracket instead of replacing it with another stock assembly. I'll post a video.
* 2011/03/03: It's my cheapest and favorite plane right now. It can take the biggest beating!
cmerighe is offline Find More Posts by cmerighe
Last edited by cmerighe; Mar 03, 2011 at 04:46 PM.