View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2011, 07:03 AM
Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
cass, that's on my future "To-Do" list. A guy named Fab actually started a GCS with that look and feel where the instruments were along the bottom as an overlay on the video stream. I've been thinking about giving the option to do the same... the trouble is the amount of time it takes to write the "resize" function that actually places and sized all the controls on the left... I'd have to do the same on the bottom. I just haven't had time. But thank you for reminding me. I'll make sure I add it to my list.

billh, that's amazing! It's fantastic that you're getting back in the air! Yes, Dean's Atto will help stabilize the plane. With my GCS you can specify the joystick layout you want (in your case I would select "Mode 3") . Here's an overview of what the different modes are: http://www.brunswickrc.com/faq.asp#70. I've never seen an actually Mode 3 radio for sale. We had a guy at our field that had limited use of his right hand. He had an interesting way to hold the radio and mostly used a Parkzone 3 channel radio with a slider style throttle. So he would usually have to take his hand off the stick to move the throttle which made for some dicey moments in the air. But he did seem to manage.

Let me know if there's anything I can do on the GCS to make things work better for you! Congrats on getting back up there!
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)