View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by AndrewBurns
Joined Jul 2008
659 Posts
Just a quick update, more pictures when there's actually more building to show (only just got back from a competition so I'll have more time now).

Received 6 x hyperion DS09 SCD servos, a Hyperion G3 45C 900mAh 2S lipo and a Castle Creations ICE Lite 50A ESC in the mail today. I've settled on the Neu motors neutron 705/2Y with the 4.4:1 maxon gearbox and either an 11x4 or 12x5 prop (the ICE speed controller with its data-logging capabilities will let me know which is best for my application). I'm going to use Aeronaut CAM carbon props and a 30mm 'cool-nose' spinner.

The hyperion servos are a snug fit into the servo cut-outs in the wings and my next step will be to sort out my linkage geometry and glue them in. I'll wait until my motor arrives before I cut the nose off the fuse and install the firewall, in case the bolt pattern of the gearbox differs from that pre-cut into the firewall. I also want to do a dry install of the electronic bits to make sure I can balance the plane.

Still unsure about the receiver, it needs to be at least 7 channel and compatible with my 2.4GHz JR DSX9 radio, I'm thinking either an AR7000 or AR8000, the 8000 has a channel I don't need but it looks smaller than the 7000.
AndrewBurns is offline Find More Posts by AndrewBurns