Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by Yabba
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayankee View Post
My HD8o8 works well yesterday evening but this morning the same strange behaviour (blinking each second and nothing else).

<<snip>>

Format the card in the camera using SDFormater V2 -> nothing.

Card removed window explorer see "M" disk and the two DCIM ans 100MEDIA folders and the small USB device icon is still there ??????????????

In fact the card is a micro SDHC Sandisk 4 GB !!!
Card put in a laptop thru an adaptor : nothing. Card toasted ?

Answer : No since inserted in a non HD 8o8 I get 4G on disk "M" and I have the .MOV file recorded yesterday evening with the HD8o8

HELP !
Listen, I'm no computer guy (as many here will attest ) but let me tell you something that has been happening to me and my computer.

Note that I ALWAYS have problems with my computer so I figured this was just "normal" for the way things go when I use a computer but...

Several times lately, after copying the video files to where I keep them on my computer, I would re-format the card. Sometimes in the camera itself (using Win Explorer) and sometimes by taking the card out and re-formatting in a standalone formatter (SD Formatter v 2.9.0.5).

Everything would be cool and I would go on about whatever else I was doing.

But then, I would try to type something (to RCG or in Word or in an e-mail) and NOTHING would work (on the keyboard). I still had mouse and cursor movement and everything just NO TYPING ALLOWED )

So I would re-BOOT my computer and suddenly all was good. I have no idea of what is/was going on.

But here's the real kicker....after doing the same thing several times to experiment and pin down the cause, it appears to only happen when I re-format with the card in the camera and using Win Explorer !

(just added) This is what may be of interest, also, when the keyboard would be dead I tried to insert the card into my card reader slot and nothing was recognized by Windows, no chime or usb icon or nothing. Checking Explorer, the drive/card was not seen. Re-boot, once again, everything was cool.

The times I take the card out and use SD Formatter, I don't seem to have a problem

Knock on wood, and I don't know if this will help you guys or not but I have had some strange behaviour using my #11 also.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba