Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
Tony, I personally think the HD camera is a little easier to use than the #3 was. It actually has a charge LED to let you know when it's charging and when it's done. It's buttons are easier to figure out, and the webcam mode actually works on Windows 7 (and looks great too). For some, the h.264 compression in the .mov container can be an issue, but I was already set up for editing it having a couple of other cameras that produce the same kind of video. Removing the timestamp is as easy as dragging and dropping a file, and turning the camera off and back on again. It also works with a memory card that was too slow for the #8 and marginal for the #3. All in all, it's a winner for me!
I'll second this! Many of us are really picky about tweaking things, and much of the early posting has been in regards to that.

This camera works very well right out of the box, is much better than my #3 808 cams, and there should be no concern with removing the time/date stamp with any camera purchased now. I need to go back and edit my early post about this. Only two early purchasers have had any problem with the procedure bricking their camera, and the vendors are replacing those for free.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank