View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:56 AM
Find More Posts by RC-Warbirds
www.rc-warbirds.com
Singapore
Joined May 2006
177 Posts
Nearly done

To mount the Dubro 600ml (20oz) tank as close to the CG as possible, I have installed a wooden frame over the retract bay.
The top surface of the wood is coated with a thin layer of silicone. Once dry the “anti slip” effect of the silicone allows me to install the tank with 2 velco straps. This makes removal easy.

The turbine bay and servos are protected by a layer of TamJets Heat Shield Blanket and fire retardant foam tape.
The TamJets Hopper Tank is installed beside the main fuel tank near the steering servo.

The retracts are operated by one of our AirPower EV-2 electronic retract valves. The brakes are driven by a AirPower EV-1 brake valve.
As the gear doors stay open once the gear is out, I decided to use a single action EV-1 valve for the doors as well.
The door open airline is connected to the retract down airline. This will open the doors as the same time the gear is deployed.
The door close airline is then connected to the EV-1 valve which is driven by a separate delay mixed channel on my JR Transmitter.
Once the gear is retracted, the door close valve is activated automatically after a 2 second delay (servo speed setting) and closes the doors.

The Turbine pump and ECU, fuel valve and kero start valve are all located in front of the cockpit area to make it easier to set the correct CG later (I calculated with a pipe weight of 80grams).

The last item still missing (it slowly travels to Singapore by German Post) is the Grumania P-20 Pipe for the F-16.
Double wall, titanium pipe with only 76grams.. very sexy..

The pipes are custom made and available from Grumania and of course via our webshop
RC-Warbirds is offline Find More Posts by RC-Warbirds