View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2011, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by Fred79
Ithaca, NY
Joined Jan 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Why don't you get another stock-sized battery, tape it to the case, and parallel it with the internal one... should give just slightly more than 80 minutes of record time.
I'm already thinking about that! great minds think alike. I wish I could keep the battery inside the case, so I'm just on the fence about whether I would mod the case to fit something just a _little_ bigger, create a new case to hold a larger battery, or strap a second battery to the outside. I think it may be an easier decision if I could figure out how much power was needed for 80 minutes of video (maybe 90 to be on the safe side).

Regarding the stop/save/continue function to save the recording every 20 minutes and start a new file, what are the chances that can be disabled? I'd rather the camera just saved the file when either
a) the stop button is pushed
b) the power runs too low
c) the memory card is filled up, or
d) a 4gb file size limit is reached (a limitation of FAT32)

a & c work already, so I hope they implement 'b'... and get rid of the auto-save every 20 minutes - it becomes redundant once 'b' works.

Edit: this seems like speed posting, but I just read a review here that says one negative about the new 808HD camera - it over-exposes the center of the image, called 'the flashlight effect'. Its obvious in the video he posts, especially in the last couple seconds. Can anyone comment on this?
http://www.2kool4u.com/stryker/keychaincam720P.shtml
Fred79 is offline Find More Posts by Fred79
Last edited by Fred79; Jan 17, 2011 at 08:06 PM.