Old Jan 17, 2011, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred79 View Post
I found a battery of 440mah that has a model number of 652530. Although this may be 2.5mm too thick for the case (about the thickness of a dime), I'm really attracted to the idea of 440mah over 250mah if the case could be slightly modified to accommodate the larger battery. It should at least give a solid hour of recording time, which may be all my 8GB card can handle anyway. At least, I would prefer some type of mod to the case than having the emergency charger hanging off the back side. Just thinking about it, not sure how that mod would work/look, but for me it would be more ideal than the AA emergency battery charger (although 2200mah is really cool and I'd be curious to know how long that lasts).
If you look at the picture, you can see the stock battery just barely fits in all directions. So you'd have to leave off the entire upper half of the case with your 65x25x30 battery, and tape or heat shrink the battey to the circuit board. Considering how small a 2000 mAh AA cell is compared to a 2000 mAh lipo, I'd go for the compact dedicated external charger with the stock battery. It would be more compact and probably light as well, plusthe cameras guts are better protected in it's case.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank