View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by wayback
Joined Feb 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I'll reply to myself to update this.

My Camera Guy said they WILL be doing a firmware mod to allow continuous recording. But it won't be done until sometime after the Chinese New Years holiday, which lasts about 2 weeks or so as I recall. So sit tight, and maybe well have a fix soon. I've requested that the date stamp removal be retained with this additional mod.

Also, they have decided to STOP selling the external "emergency charger" as a separate item on eBay... probably because it's going to be included as an accessory with the camera. But if you want one, My Camera Guy said you could email him directly and he could sell one separately off eBay. Also, now that we know how the car charger works by moving the USB +5V from pin #1 to pin #4, you could also buy one of the similar chargers for cell phones, and modify it for use with the camera.
The problem may be that in any existing charger, it's unlikely pin 4 of the mini-USB connector will be connected to anything, unless it is grounded inside the connector. So you would be looking at having to either cut into the connector to rearrange things, or buy a new connector.
wayback is offline Find More Posts by wayback