Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savall21 View Post
I'm comparing the keychain and the Flycamone HD. The only thing the flycam might have is a remote shutter. I kinda want to to be able to control pics/videos in flight. Is there a remote shutter option for the keychain camera? Beyond that, its hard to justify an extra $110 for the same video quality.

Thanks!
No plug and play shutter for the HD version (yet?) There was a hack done for the older 808 key chain camera by a user in Holland. It allowed emulating button clicks with a TX channel, and he was selling the parts for a DIY conversion, or the camera with the hack already installed. The price was very nominal, I thought. You search in "The MEGA key chain camera" thread and see if one could be devise for the HD version. The conversion was quite simple if you can solder on some small IC pins.

The HD key cam still pics appear to be upconverted about 2:1 from it's native CMOS pixel array, so they aren't as sharp as a more dedicated still picture camera, or even as good as some captured still frames from the video IMHO. The big question with the FCO HD is whether it REALLY has a 5 MP CMOS sensor like the specs say, or whether they are referring to it's still picture apparent pixel count, like the HD key cam does. This threw me at first, since the still pictures from the HD key cam have 5MP still photos after the up-conversion.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jan 15, 2011 at 03:24 PM.