Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
10 days or so.
Hi guys, Again when I let the cam continually run the file size get to a gig the starts another file, right? well when I try to open it I get, Error -2002: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie (PTDC0001.MOV), and the only way to open it I found was this Prism Video File Converter then it can be saved as a wav. Pretty cool little gismo! I even got it to do web cam the first time I tried! I got it mainly to use as a hat cam. The recorder does a pretty good job a catching moving objects and does well in a variety of lighting conditions as in shadow to bright area but needs good bright daylight for catching speed passes! Question, how do you ad the on and off file to the root drive, is it ok to ad it then turn off/on then delete file?
Tom
That wierd error has been reported before, but still don't know what causes it. Are you using a Quicktime player when this error comes up? That was the case before, which makes this even stranger since both the .MOV file format and Quicktime are Apple products. But the audio codec used by the camera is a wierd one in the Windows PC world. I wonder if it's also part of the Apple world, or part of the problem? Maybe the MAC guys can sort that out?

But you said you saved it as a .WAV file, which is audio only. Are you just trying to capture the audio for something like a Doppler Speed Analysis program. You might try the AviDemux editor, which I've been recommending to the Windows crowd for editing the .MOV files. It's also available for MAC and Linux boxes. I'd be interested in knowing if that makes the native files editable without the wierd "bad public movie atom" error, which sounds very radioactive to me!

Now to your Question: "how do you ad the on and off file to the root drive, is it ok to ad it then turn off/on then delete file?"

Are you referring to the date removal firmware patch? The procedure for that is linked in the FAQ page in post #3. To copy the file to the root directory, either copy/paste or drag/drop it into the folder that opens when you click on the camera's flash card icon. That's the same folder where you see the DCIM folder. The new firmware file goes along side the DCIM folder, NOT in it.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank