View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by mikmerl
Athens, Greece
Joined Apr 2010
455 Posts
Build Log
TOPMODEL CZ GRAFAS glider

I just purchased a TOPMODEL CZ 3070mm wingspan GRAFAS full house glider from MODELLBAU BICHLER in Germany .
Opening the stout box revealed a very well thought out packaging layout with each component in its own nylon bag and each of these were tac glued to the interior of the box to prevent the parts from “bashing” each other during transport.

Further examination led to even more grinning on my behalf.
The build quality is excellent and I am anxious to start the assembly so that I can get that beautiful translucent wing high up in a thermal.
The 3 piece wing, stabilizers and rudder are expertly (wrinkle free) covered in ORACOVER and the white gel coated fuselage is simply perfect. Also a very comprehensive accessories package is included.

I have not yet decided on the motor/prop and battery combination but there is ample room for just about anything in the nose (within reason). I will trial fit the glider together (with servos etc) to see how much weight will be need up front for balancing. Then I will decide which motor/battery according to that weight.

mike
mikmerl is offline Find More Posts by mikmerl
Last edited by mikmerl; Jan 25, 2011 at 01:53 PM.