Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by martys
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I'm always happy to see people having fun with these planes. I'm not really in this to make a ton of money (OK, a little money is nice ), I just want people to share in the enjoyment of the planes. I have a blast flying mine and they never get old.

A friend of mine won one of my F-22 kits at a fly-in back in October. He had me build the plane for him as he had never really worked with depron foamies before (he is more into large scale planes and EDFs). He figured this would be a nice little toss around plane when he got bored with the big stuff.

Well, let me tell you, he now gets more flights on his F-22 than he does on all the rest of the planes in his fleet combined! He frequently takes it to a park down the street from his house, and all the neighbor kids gather around when he does. And even at the field he gets like 5 or 6 flights in on it every time.

He likes it so much that he just had me build him another one as the first was getting pretty beat up. You see, he likes to fly really low to the ground, most of the time inverted, and well, you know how that goes! That poor little plane has taken quite a beating, but he still has it as a flyable back up just in case he trashes the new one.

Pat
How to you sleep at night Pat? All those people out there being addicted to your products! BTW, my backup airframe is done. Just need to paint her. Pics to come. Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys