Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:39 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,008 Posts
New External Power fo the HD Key Cam!

Look what was just sent to me by my "HD Camera Guy":

http://cgi.ebay.com/Key-Chain-HD-Camera-DVR-Video-Recorder-Webcam-30fps-11-/160531252866?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256068 8682

The new package of accessories for the HD key cam includes an external "emergency battery charger" for just $2-$3 more. You probably have questions, because the ad doesn't tell anything about what it does! I THINK it may function just like the car charger to power the camera while it records in parallel with the camera's internal battery. I have already asked the HD Camera GUy these questions, and may have answers by tomorrow morning:

1. Will it allow the camera to take power from it AND the camera internal battery in parallel and take video at the same time?

2. What is the capacity of the emergency charger battery (mAh?).

3. How much recording time will the camera have with both itís internal battery and the external one connected?

4. What kind of battery in the emergency charger (e.g. LiIon?)

5. How much does the emergency charger weigh?

6. Are you selling the emergency charger by itself for those of us who already have the camera? If so, what will be the cost (including shipping?)

I think it would be possible to just substitute any single cell lipo for the one that is in the external "charger" and record for much longer periods. That would make a continuous recording function much more desireable if it takes the camera's internal limited record time battery out of the equation.

I'll post more when I know more.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank