Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepinside View Post
I get an annoying "cracking" sound on the recording only when I have the car charger plugged in. Did anyone else experience this? I guess its not possible to remove it somehow, is it?

Heres a sample from a 2 hour test vid (filled my Kingston 8GB).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSKek-H0N74
I can hear the exact same sound in that "car driving over the bridge" clip one of the vendors posted for us early on. And in that one, the sputtering noise stops and the radio comes into clear as the car comes to a stop. This leads me to believe that ignition induced noise is getting pick up by the camera, possibly via it's car charger cable. Just a theory... haven't test it.

Also, I got similar static burst at about 1 sec. intervals in my first test clips in some, but not all, of the test clips which I merged and posted earlier. The only explanation I have is that all the clips were taken in and outside the front and back doors of my house. The clips shot inside on the bottom floor and just outside the back door have the static bursts. The one upstairs and outside the front door do not. I have both wireless internet and wireless digital phone router/base units in close proximity to the clips that had the static bursts. Noise pick up from those perhaps? I have no explanation... only hunches.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jan 11, 2011 at 06:54 PM.