Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by MSelig
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceco View Post
My goal is to use FSO to develop the throttle and pitch curves, both normal and stunt modes, for the T-Rex 450 and also get the D/R's and expo's the way I like them before committing the real model to flight. I realize that the mechanical set up will play a part in this process depending on the mechanical gains of the 120 deg CCPM linkages on the heli. I don't think I'll have a problem with the mechanical setup as I've done several before and they've worked well.

As far as the possibility that FSO is capable of accurate modeling with raw channel inputs perhaps Micheal Selig could comment.

<snip>

BTW. I've read several times that FSO is not a very accurate heli sim. I get the idea, however, that there might be some perpetuation of only a few peoples opinion. I'm not a 3D heli flier but from the limited experience in my flight regime the sim compares well with the model. If any of you that ARE accomplished heli fliers and are familiar with FSOne would like to detail their experience on the subject it would be interesting to hear.

diceco
We had the 'raw' Tx's in FS One v1, but when we swapped to the new Tx method, we forgot to include them! We're going to put those into v2 w/ the next update.

Helis -- It's clear that we don't toot our horn about heli physics. I think the heli physics are very good, but like anything (any sim for that matter) things can always be improved. With helis, I think there is a strong preference to have them fly 'on the rails' in flight simulators. Real helis don't fly like that. We don't have them 'on the rails' plain and simple.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig