CN: Likewise - I thought I best do a final check tonight - not tomorrow. That paid off big time. The paint had filled the gap of the elevators near the rudder and they were catching when going up and down. This meant it wouldn't return to neutral after going up. Some 600 grit passed through it several times fixed that up. That's when I noticed my response to input on the elevator seemed sloppy. I pulled off the tail and found that the linkages had way too much play in them so made a few nylon washers out of control horn arms and clipped them into the space of the pushrod right angle area that was causing the play. A good dab of CA and retest and she's tight as a drum now. I also had to crimp the aluminium tubes tighter onto the control links as there was slop in them too. Final testing showed I had turned down the rates too far and did not have enough throw on the elevator so corrected that. Ailerons are fine. Power up was fine.
I made the joke to Ozzi Supercub tonight that if this thing doesn't fly, I at least intend to set a new distance record for the javelin throw!!!
jfinch: very nice! So smooth and accurate.
Ody: Saddle up early, we got some flying to do.