View Single Post
Old Jan 06, 2011, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by Prof100
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
I got my HD camera this morning... I've removed the time/date, worked as expected! I then tweaked the focus, but I found that I had to turn the lens counterclockwise for a more distant focal point! This is the opposite of my #8 and #3 cameras. I didn't pull the lens out far enough to tell if the threads were reversed or not though, but I assume they are. I'll have to test it a bit more later, but I think the focus is pretty close right now. I did a quick comparison between a #3 and the HD "#11" to compare the field of view. This is something I was wondering about, as the narrow FOV of the #3, and even worse the #8 is something that bugged me. I'm happy to report that the FOV on the HD camera is much larger! Here's a picture to show the difference. Left is a #3, right is the HD. They're both resized for a smaller image, but the relative proportion between the two are the same, and neither is cropped.
I attempted re-focusing my HD camera a found the Clockwise made the focus worse. I never attempted CCW. Go figure. Thanks.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100