Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15 View Post
Thanks Jim.

I was up till 0200 getting all of the lights cut and soldered. Once I got the hang of it, it went pretty fast.

My pinata is covered with the laminate. I plan on cutting it and peeling it back and adding the channels with my Dremel. Hopefully there will be enough glue on the laminate to seal it again.
Dan, I haven't tried using the dremel on the foam but I can tell you that the soldering iron trick is about as easy and mess free as it gets. It's GOTTA be easier that channeling it out with a dremel Just peel back the laminate like you were planning to do anyway and use a couple 'o passes with the soldering iron along a straightedge. Doesn't get much easier.
We used a 5/32 wheel collar as a depth gauge along the straightedge. Another thing I did was turn the soldering iron tip so the not pointed side is sticking out to give a nice level cut at the bottom. The "extra" parts that come with a reaper motor have a collar included that just happens to be the exact right size to use as a stop on the iron as well...
jetpackninja is online now Find More Posts by jetpackninja