View Single Post
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by Prof100
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
I can confirm taking video with the supplied charger plugged into my power outlet in my truck. I did it on the way home from taking my first videos with the HD. Took a 20 minute clip, closed and started a new 10 minute clip before I shut it down upon arriving home.

What I can't confirm is whether the supplied charger will charge only since I cannot get the red light to come on (i.e. charge, no video) while using the supplied charger.

Bill or someone, does your camera go into a charge only mode (red light) when using the charger?

Yabba
Yabba,

Mine does not have the red charge indicator go on when connected to the charger. Go figure. I also have a handy little two port USB adapter that you plug into car power point (cigar lighter). I picked it up at the Black and Decker store to charge phones and other devices that work with a USB cable. Anyway, I plugged this two port USB adaper into the and the same power converter (110v to 12 v). Then I connected a standard, generic USB and plugged in the HD cam. The camera red charge light goes on. So, the potential may exist that the plug in car charger ONLY powers the camera so you can take videos but does NOT charge the HD key cam.

I will take photo of the USB two port adapter.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 05, 2011 at 10:13 PM.