Did some more work on the drop tanks and bombs. I've been picking away at them between other projects.
The kits are really nice but they are involved to assemble and I made the mistake of not sitting down to do them in one sitting. Or at least doing one complete bomb in one sitting. So I goofed. I glued the interior styrene in on top of the plywood keel. It goes below, and I had a tough time getting the interiors in so that the joint between the two sides was invisible.
My next set will be much better. But for now I've got ordnance and I can play with dropping it this spring.
Now, I did do some good. I got the drop tanks together including a modified tank to carry two HD Keyfob Cameras. One front and one rear. I think the pylon will hold the camera pod well enough to get some cool videos this summer.
The drop tanks do not come apart so matching the sides is much better as you only have to glue the half's together. I will keep working to remove the seam on the them. I might use a little heat and "dent' them a bit. We'll see.
Here's some pics of the drop tanks and my "workhorse" bombs. They aren't beauty queens but they'll do the job and deserve a little love......lol