Old Jan 03, 2011, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
hi, this camera looks very good! still pictures are not that good, but video is just awesome

did anyone measure the angle of view? looks wider that old versions

how good does this omnivision sensor performs in low light conditions? could be nice have a comparision video with a #3 camera,
any one want make it? :P

Looks like it can record while powered externally, so it can be used too as a "security car camera" butttttt... does it have the option to overwrite the file for continuously recording ?

manufacturer is still a mystery right? looks like its just found at ebay

thnks
Still pictures are believed to be 2X interpolated enlargement from the sensor's native resolution. Still much better than the old 808.

If you've seen how the old 808 images have noticeable video "noise" at lower light level, compare with some of the video clips users have already posted here. While there is white balance shift in low light, I don't see the typical "noise" artifacts like the old 808 has. I think the HD CMOS sensor has much better light sensitivity.

No record overwrite, but for our purposes, I wouldn't want that anyway. I would like to see the automatic 20 min. stop/save/start sequence eliminated, though, and have already sent that as a "wish list" item to the vendors. I also asked about a toggle to record 640x480 @ 60 fps as a flashable option on futre firmware. No reply back on thos yet.

Manufacturer unknown, but the four identified vendors in post #2 seem to have a very close tie to each other and the manufacturer (i.e. firmware mods), and have commented that the early cameras they sold were part of "R&D".
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jan 03, 2011 at 05:54 PM.