View Single Post
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by Prof100
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Yeah Bill, couldn't you have dragged it out another day or two? Lot of good folks emptying their brain out in a short period of time with a lot of good info.
Ah well. Maybe next time.

Gene,

Yes, it's a shame. Especially yesterday I feel sure a few of us were "celebrating" and helping out on problem made it more of challenge.

As background I was being confounded by recent changes in what I am using for a laptop. I had been using a Sony XP based 32 bit laptop that I knew quite well. That has changed. I spent too much of my holiday time setting up and learning a new HP I7 quad core 64 bit laptop I just bought. It came with Windows 7 and IE8 Explorer. So I am on a learning curve with a new operating system and to make matters worse, a new security program. With XP and the previous security program I was familiar with their quirks. Windows 7 Home Premium treats the user like a threat and by default locks the user, even as an adminstrator, out of tasks that were routine in XP. So, that had be wondering if somehow W7 or the security program was inhibiting execution of the BIN file.

Thank goodness the problem was solved.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100