View Single Post
Old Jan 01, 2011, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by finster
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Since your file (with longer names) were identical to the short named files I posted, this tells me the file names can be different (but still may need a tag identifier in it, like the "FW99630") and still work WITH SOME OF THE EARLY RELEASE CAMERAS. I'm not convinced this is true for ALL the early released cameras, so the caveat I've harped on (this will be the last time) that it is possible to brick your early release camera still applies. Here's what a "source" vendor has confirmed to me:
Well tom...you've mentioned about bricking a camera each time I post about removing time/date...I understand you talk to the vendor but its like this...If you dont try you dont know...I took the chance and it works...if someone dont know what they are doing or if they had the "first version" (dont try it) But how do you know unless you try it? I dont see any indentifing marks inside to say which cam you have...does the remove date/time files you posted at begining of thread work for all cameras? how did you remove time/date from your camera?
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster