Old Dec 31, 2010, 07:26 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
Try to give 5 seconds between each step or at least after step #3. I hope you get it to work.

Also, I did not use the file from finster, I used the file sent to me from the vendor which is labeled only FW96630A.bin and is 1,082,445 bytes.
And I'll bet a fine dinner that is the exact same file I have (same file size and name), which is IDENTICAL (byte-for-byte) to the file finster has available for down load, except the name his file name is slightly longer.

Assuming prof100 has done the process correctly (and It sounds like he has) the only thing he MIGHT try (this is NOT ME speaking!), is to try the same procedure with the file named FW96630A.bin and see if it also doesn't load, or it loads and works, or loads and bricks his camera. And we know if can do that based on clx1's trial.

If it were me, I'd contact the seller first and see if they will do a swap or repair if I tried it and it bricked (same way clx1 did). If they wouldn't, I'd opt to save my $40 investment and crop the video to get rid of the date.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank