Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerflyer View Post
You found this one already, SS. Great.

I don't think there will be that much, not as much as the Staggerwing has, that's for sure. This one has a big rudder, and a nose gear anyway, which helps.

The real Tigercat did not use counter props. I'm thinking of putting about 2 degrees outside thrust on each motor. That should help counter it. If I can come up with a way to setup a shut-off for individual motors, it would work for engine out operation, too.
I didn't realize that about the full size tigercat. I was just thinking with the motors so far out on the wing that it would create quite a turning moment about the center.

Chris, good to see you in this forum too. Stagger you're in competant company with Chris following along.

I'm curious about large electric twins for thier reliability. A couple years ago I started working on a 100" DH Sea Hornet for twin 2C motors (one clock wise, one counter clock wise), but put it on hold as the 2C reliability always maybe me hesitant. I'm thinking about getting back to it with a pair of Hacker A60 motors. We'll see.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale