Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:33 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
Tom, any way of I.D.ing a new vs old camera by any markings on the processor or the hardware I.D.?
NO, there is no way to tell by looking at the camera innards. The only difference is the camera firmware the upgraded to allow the date stamp patches to work. Having said that, your seller had asked me to identify another buyer (who bricked his trying the date removal) and the date he ordered the camera. So the vendor MIGHT be able to determine which camera you have based on your purchase date. You should check this with him if you want to do the date swap.

Thanks for asking this... I meant to include this info in the post I just finished on date removal and forgot. I need to go back and edit it anyway since the formatting I used seems to have gotten the tags embedded in the text instead of the formatting.

Also, I just viewed your AV... your camera does not show the same dark corners and color hunting in that aerial video like it did in the ground videos. I haven't figured out what might be going on, but I got mine mainly for AV, so I'm glad it 's better in the air if that proves to always be the case.

FWIW, I now see clearly the white and yellow lines on the artificial turf. I sure envy your flying area. We have some single artificial turf fields here... none strung together like that, and ours are surround by tall light pole for night games, and fenced and locked. Not for public use unless you pay to rent them, even though almost all of them are at public schools or public parks.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 30, 2010 at 01:05 AM.