Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Hi Rafa

I dont know if your into buying another cheap heli, as I used a combination of FP heli's and simulator time to build my confidence flying circuits. I also fly at least two packs on my FP birds before I start flying my CP heli's as a bit of a hand/eye warm up. I still cant fly ACW circuits even on the simutaor with confidence though, but im comfortable with the CW circuit.

As for budeget outdoor FP trainers that you can fly with your 2801tx I like both the Uflys and the V200D02(with CP3 tail). I find the V200 the most robust FP trainer although like all heli's it has its quirks.

Ive also put quite a bit of time into learning to control the speed of the circuit. I found this very helpfull if you can learn to limit the speed of your heli through a circuit. Learning to fly controlled slower smaller circles, that gradually expand in size I found helpfull as well.

Regards the canopy I think I'll change mine to the Yellow V200D01 canopy which should fit, and if I recall correctly I think Xheli guy had a Madhawk yellow canopy fitted.

Mick
Thanks Mick, great advice. I've been neglecting my CB100s, especially the one with a Techhead installed. I need to try these things with it, as it flies pretty well outdoors, given not much wind.

When I first got going with the 4F200, I did as you mention, and always warmed up with the Techhead first. I fly before work these days, and I only have 20 minutes of daylight before I have to get to work. That will change soon, thankfully. Take care,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100