View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,024 Posts
Gallery
UMX Beast in the snow: vertical performance, aerobatics, power-line hit, etc.

Here's my second video of the UMX Beast. Temp was +16 F, and there was no wind. The Beast is stock, except for the Hyperion 180 mAh cells. I haven't built my new Hyperion 180 & 240 packs using bare cells and the factory JST 'PH' connector, so I'm just using the shrink-wrapped Hyp 180 'UM' cells and Eflite's series harness. The Hyp cells + harness only weigh 0.13g more than the Eflite 180 pack, so I'm sure my homebrew bare-cell packs w/stock connector will be considerably lighter than the Elfite 180.

I'm flying from the road next to my north yard. I managed to hit a power-line about 2:24 into the clip. Knocked one of the wheel spats off, but that was all. The power-line was the same one that ate two of my Sukhoi XPs.

As you can see, vertical is essentially unlimited - even 3-4 minutes into the flight. After 5+ minutes of aggressive flying in cold wx, there was still enough power for extended verticals. The flight used 90 mAh, or 50% of the charge.

UMX BEAST in the snow: vertical performance, powerline hit, aerobatics, takeoffs & landings (5 min 49 sec)
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker