Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
21,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
Wow. Sounds really cool Jim.

That low voltage thing is the key to me. I lost a lot of planes to voltage drop lock-outs on XPS receivers, even using dedicated receiver packs. I'm fairly certain they were all power outages. Getting that voltage down will do a LOT for repairing the damage your brand took due to receiver lockouts.

And all these new features and products can't hurt either!

Way to go. I've got two Aurora 9 radios now, so I plan on converting one of them to the new XPS module and trying out your new Nano receivers for my super-light planes... assuming the reviews are good and all the products do what they claim on paper.
I can't say enough about that receiver. One is in my 55cc gasser and even today we had some friends over for a Chrissy party and I went out for a demo flight while there was still sunlight and the wife was cooking the pizza. In no way was I restricting the box size, super long KE passes and rollers off long into the sunset. And when you're flying for the completely uninitiated, altitude demos always impress for some silly reason. Flying a 3g receiver and you fly far enough away to spark the "wow, how far away can it go?" question.

Then... turn around and the same receiver is in my foamies without cropping antennas or anything it's lighter than the AR6110. I just ordered a couple without pins (it's so awesome that you can get them without pins) and it will be lighter than an AR6300... it's also $10 cheaper than both. Could refit a parkzone ultra micro sukhoi with a pin-less nano, 1.5g servos and a brushless setup and come out no heavier.

ultra micro --> giant scale gasser. $29.

the ad writes itself
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM