Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by Leadchucker
AMA7224 LSF1832
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined Sep 2008
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teals1 View Post
I will be installing the engine in an RC model and understand about the possibility of radio interference.
Allen,
Radio interferance is a thing of the past or can be. Use of a 2.4 ghz radio, a high tension lead with a 10K resistor soldered inline at the spark plug end between the lead and plug clip and one of the available solid state ignition modules will eliminate any worries about radio problems. For additional insurance place the RX as far away as you can get it from the ignition parts, example in a cabin job would be put your ignition setup forward close to the firewall and place the RX as far aft in the cabin as possible. I use both Futaba and Hitec radios with my sparkers and they both work brilliantly. I don't know what you have available to you Down Under for modules but there might be something in use that is readliy accessable. Perhaps look up one of the SAM Chapters in NZ for information on these. There are two listed on the SAM site:

55 Chapter 55- Assoc. of Vintage Aeromodelers, Neil McDougall 60 Heke Street Wellington 6004 NewZ.
1928 SAM- Chapter 1928, Martin Evans 71 Spinella Drive Bayview Auckland NewZ. +64 (9) 444 6204

As to the fuel situation I would go with the lower octane rating,but again there should be more information on your local level to be had from either of these two organizations.

Warren
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Leadchucker; Dec 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: bat speeling