View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2010, 01:03 PM
rahtware is online now
Find More Posts by rahtware
Registered User
rahtware's Avatar
NorCal
Joined Oct 2002
735 Posts
Now that I am fully awake, I have decided to go with the small gain that the new motor gives and send back the kit motor (as was my agreement with HH)... I just don't have the time to see if they will let me send back the replacement motor, and heck I have a plastic bell motor in my Corsair and it has been doing OK. Besides, the kit motor isn't all metal either.

I am thinking of going to a CAM prop, and don't know how the plastic-bell motor will hold up to the extra Amps, but if it melts down I will upgrade to an all metal motor.

I hope the tests I did will help others. Hope you all have better luck than I, as now that I have the plane ready to fly one of the biggest storms of the year is rolling in. I don't know when I will be able to maiden this bird!
rahtware is online now Find More Posts by rahtware
Reply With Quote