Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
17,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

No offend, no problem...

Checked it again now. I used an even better and more exact scale than before (see pic).
Checked two ones, both original Nine Eagles NE-BA927 - 4.32 and 4.33 g.
Either you have a very strange battery, or you use a wrong (cheap) scale. The weights I have measured are correct, without any doubt.

I am surprised - I like this (cheap) battery. It is i.e. in my Nine Eagles Twingo even better than most of the (bad, bad, ...) Walkera 400 mAh batteries. I like Zippy 450 and 600 even more...

I will try the Turnigy Nanotec 160 mAh later...

Cheers,

Walter
I don't doubt your measurements, but I doubt it is my scale, since I do get 4.60g for the Hobby King 150 batteries, which is identical to what you found.

The 240 may be a nice battery in less current drawing applications, but the Bravo SX draws twice as much power as the Solo coaxes for instance, and I think that is where the Zippy 240 fails, and gives only a minute of extra time in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Turnigy Nano-Tech 160 mAh: 4:55 min

I think you should try the Thunder Power 160. It is only 4g, and has a high discharge rate, with little voltage sag. After 4 minutes I still needed about 60% throttle for hover, and when the battery was still fresh I only needed 50% throttle. I didn't push this battery too far on it's first flight in the cold outdoor conditions I was flying in. Still these results seem to indicate 6 minutes might be possible. Only drawback of these Thunder Power batteries is that they don't come with NE connector, so you have to mod one on yourself.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 12, 2010 at 03:10 PM.