View Single Post
Old Dec 08, 2010, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by Just flyy
Yep it's Phil!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
1,281 Posts
QUOTE=tewatson;16767446]I kind of thought we had camber changing now. The variable span/aspect ratio thing was actually built as an F3B plane about 20 years ago. Didn't catch on.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Camber changing yes but not in tandem with airfoil changing Tom. Explain what you know. Even with my limited experience it is not hard to understand that one shape can do everything all the time! I grew up with the Gurney Family (Dan Gurney, the only Man to ever design build and race a F1 car to victory in history), his Son’s where best friends of mine since my young days, I spent some time with aerodynamics and access to Hiro's full circle wind tunnel. There are only a couple of those in the whole country. Have you ever seen one? It can be done. But at what cost in weight? That is the question. And when we figure it out if will it be accepted in competition? Look at the bird! Hyper streamline flight. A 2LB bird going 242MPH! Doesn’t that raise your eyebrow? You are an engineer right? Thanks for the spirited reply! No offense dude, but we have to look at the obvious. Shape shifting!

Phil
Just flyy is offline Find More Posts by Just flyy
Last edited by Just flyy; Dec 08, 2010 at 12:11 PM.