Old Dec 07, 2010, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by deckert
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,646 Posts
Discussion
Yahoo baby!

Just bought a new bird from an RCG member tonite. I'm just a sucker for general aviation birds. Mostly old timers because I learned to fly in a J-3 and had to transition into a Cessna 150 because it had radios in it. None-the-less, I still like the Cessna lines so here it is. High wing craft offer a great view below you while in flight. I never did like flying the Piper Commanche or Cherokee, I was always looking at the darn panel and WAY ahead of the bird. I felt claustrophobic.

Now the ultimate question, fuel or electric power. I hate decisions like this. Worse is, I'm SERIOUSLY considering stripping the covering and adding retracts to it. I just haven't figured out how to get the main gear to retract and fold into the fuse like a Cessna 210 does. It basically folds back 90 degrees and rotates about 45 degrees. I'll take any advice/links anyone can offer/provide. I still swear It would be cheaper to be a drug addict.

Dan

I forgot to add, 63"WS and 6~7lbs. http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1228.html
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Last edited by deckert; Dec 07, 2010 at 12:32 AM.