Old Dec 06, 2010, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
any ideas on what scheme your going to do?
I have a few ideas but haven't settled on anything yet. Each one has something to offer, and something missing, you know what I mean. I'll try and settle on one and post by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
I like the mod on line that has both on the firewall , two trays right and left but like you think the cowl removal is not practical .
Also thinking we can build a simple drop in box , with access from the top of the fuse that sits behind the firewall but still ahead of the CG .
I'm thinking about making the cowl have hinged hatches on each side to allow access to batteries, rx switch/charge, air fill, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope1 View Post
I wouldn't worry about the weight to much, I have there P-51D and its smaller then the corsair(71" w.s.) and it weighs about 17 lbs. and flies great. Just needs to land with power. Good luck on the build, beautiful looking model!
Mpope, thanks for weighing in. Saw your flight video of your Mustang. Congrats! I agree that even up to 20lbs this corsair should be OK also long as speed is carried appropriately.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale