Thread: Discussion EXI 500 Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 04, 2010, 02:25 AM
Find More Posts by turbojoe
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,598 Posts
I got lucky and blasted out all my work early tonight. Got some time to work on the heli. Got the kit greased, LocTited and fully assembled with servos. Got home tonight (morning ) and my HobbyPartz Blue LiPo 30C 6s pack and my Value Hobby 1600KV motor were here. I have a ton of stuff to do this weekend but I'm hoping to at least get the rest of the electronics installed and get the bird spun up to check for vibrations etc.

I found a problem during assembly that you may want to double check on your builds. When I tried inserting the bolt through the main gearset and mainshaft it was very tight going in. The two gears would bind and autorotate would not be possible. I measured the shim between the gears and read .038. I sanded the shim down to an eventual thickness of .029 and got minimal slop between the gears and a smooth one way (autorotate) action. Good to go now. Something worth checking on your builds. If the gears don't spin free independently after assembly then your shim may be too thick as well.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe