Thread: Discussion Walkera 4F200 3 blade head
View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by zadaw
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,382 Posts
While I am still waiting for my 4F200 to be fixed, I ordered a Trex 250. At the same time, I upgraded my Trex 450 to 3G FBL. I come to the conclusion that for the long term, it is too dangerous and costly to rely on the 4F200. Not that I have had much luck with a Trex 450. I burnt out a motor and couple of ESCs recently that costed over $100. But at least Align has a much better reputation than Walkera. Having spent over $1000, this is getting to be a very expensive Christmas for me. But the cost still pales in comparison to nitro helis. I hope I will not need to buy any heli next year.

Therefore, I would urge those who are considering buying a V450D01 or the new V500 to consider carefully. At that size, the machines are much more dangerous and safety should take a much higher priority over cost. The problem is that I am still using my 2801pro to control to Trex 450 and 250. Obviously, I will have to watch this carefully.

earthling1984, I am sorry to hear about the crashes. But I would be very surprised if your vendor will agree to a refund once the model has been flown for any reason. But I hope that in the least, they will examine your heli carefully and replace any part if required.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 04, 2010 at 10:03 AM.