View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:18 PM
dbc
Find More Posts by dbc
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
2,376 Posts
Mine arrived today also. Typical Dynam packing - which is to say not very good. The parts are just loose in several internal boxes with no wrapping whatsoever. Mine arrived in generally good shape but bubble wrap would have avoided the little nicks and scrapes in the foam. I knew to expect this, however, as the other two Dynam planes I have were packed exactly the same.

The foam is the same high quality, very smooth, material used in other Dynam planes. It's probably the nicest foam I've seen.

The motor and esc look to be the same as used in the Cessna 310 (Grand Cruiser) and DC 3 (Skybus). They have performed well in these other planes but they are twins and consequently have a lot more power than a single engine plane. I'll run some power and calculated thrust measurments when I get the plane built.

The white version I got appears to have the decal set from the silver plane and the spinner, as mentioned above, is matte grey, not the chrome plastic as seen in the 310. The 3 blade prop is the same as used in the 310.

The wings have a very high aspect ratio which limits the wing area and could result in higher wing loading than desirable, especially for a "trainer". Others have reported in the Grand Cruiser forum, however, that this plane flys very nicely and can be landed slowly.

First impressions are very positive and I'm really looking forward to getting it together for a maiden in the next day or two.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc