Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,940 Posts
Build Log
ESM 74" F4U Corsair

After the recent success with my conversion of the TF P-47 ARF to electric power and refinishing it with some added details and new colors I thought I'd do the same for the Corsair. Having always wanted to get one it seemed like the ideal time.

I didn't see much in the way of build conversion here for this model so I figured I'd start a new thread.

The model as marketed is: 58" Long, has a 74" wingspan, 6.7 sq ft wing area, and claims to weigh 15 lbs ready to fly. After reading of other's experiences with this model its safer to put it in the 19-22lb range, with gas or 4-stroke IC power being the popular choices.

I'm going to go with a Hacker A60-14L on 10S in mine, starting with a 22x12 APC e-prop. If clearance looks to be an issue, I should be able to swing a 20x12 3-blade prop without too much difficulty.

I have a number of modifications in mind and as I progress I'll share them, but in the meantime, if anyone has any constructive experience to share about the model please don't hesitate to share.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Last edited by strictlyscale; Jan 28, 2011 at 07:24 AM.