Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
11,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
If you start off with 3 ch you may have a problem transitioning to 4 ch. With 4 ch you should learn to make coordinated turns using ailerons and rudder which you cannot do with 3 ch. Also with 4 channel you learn to control the plane on the ground and take off using the rudder. If you start off with 3 ch you have to relearn using the left hand for ground control rather than the right hand when you advance to 4 ch.

So start off with 4 ch and you don't have to relearn anything. The thing is you do need a 4 ch trainer with a bit of dihedral to learn on.

I would also select a larger plane to train on. I think the micros are a bit too sensitive.

Glen
I agree to an extent ... but I don't think the matter of co-ordinated turns is important ... honest. It's something that comes into play later with intermediate and more scale style sport models ....
For most learners they are happy to get of the ground in one piece and land again ... whether they steer straight with rudder or not.

Large though is a very good idea as small models are twitchy, are trying to fly in full size air ....
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife