View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2010, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by losikid
Joined Sep 2009
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Ahh yes, I am familiar with that. For my last project (an aftermarket cruise control) we had vacuum formed plastic trays made. However, it was just to keep things from moving in a box - in this case, I'm trying to avoid the use of a box! Also, in that case we had 1000 made and it was the BARE minimum quantity... even then, it cost us > $5 per unit to produce. That was OK since it was a $500 product.

At the beginning, I think I'm going to use a mix of ideas: I'll send some out in boxes with bubble wrap - simple and cheap, but postage costs are higher; I'll send some out with stiff foam protecting the pins and stuffed in a bubble envelope - cheap and postage costs are lower, but more time/effort on my end; I'll try some wrapped in soft foam - simple, cheap, and low postage... but perhaps not protected enough.

- Steven
Ok i wasn't sure on price an all, i've seen somewhere about people doing it themselves probably more expensive. But i figured if you have one that when rested on the main board and had pockets in it to fit the pins that should protect them i would think, and it would add 1/8 of an inch of thickness to the envelope.
losikid is offline Find More Posts by losikid