Originally Posted by Helitime
Success, I got the mount right out and replaced it with ply and the mount bracket intended for the motor. I was able to add some down thrust with washers. (Bob or Pete reported needing down elevator under power) I now have 4 bolts and nylocks in ply instead of 2 little screws in plastic. You got yours out so I had to try>>>Thanks dude !!
As a side note to all: I pulled out the battery mount to split the fuse a little further. IT CAME OUT VERY EASILY. Only a little line of glue holding it down. This plane will probably not generate alot of force trying to toss the pack but I would grab the velcro strap and use it tp pull out the foam and stick it properly, it's fast and easy.
Wow! Your firewall had a TON of glue! My original firewall only had some along the sides. Good job getting it out! The washers for some down thrust sound like a good idea. I was thinking that this could probably use at least a tad. This should be the end of the hard part with getting this bird airborne!
It also looks like you hogged out a little more room underneath for the ESC wires to pass. I did this as well as my ESC wires are bigger than the those on the stock ESC.