View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I think you'll like the V100. You'll see some familiar parts in it. B frame and lower swash, CB100 upper swash. The tail motor mount is a little excessive. You can put a 2.9 on Jason's mount and still come out lighter ....but, I still think the S moth is better [more durable]. Stability can be adjusted to your likes. My V100 was too tame for me from the box. But then, I seem to say that about all of them. I like my cyclic touchy.
Haven't done any flying for several days, maybe it just seems that way...my charger was busy with a couple of dead flat car batts. At 1.5A/hr it takes a while.
I gotta put a V120 head and swash on the S moth. The deal at CJ for the 4#6 + V120-1 conversion goodies might be the ticket. Like I need another 2428rx and stock esc/motors. But a FBL SD/VP tail 100 size would be cool.
For that matter a 4g6S moth could make an interesting flier. These 3 axis rx's might make the 100 size CP a real possibility. I know some of the guys have done it...were the products of their efforts capable? Anyone tried for the V120-2 moth yet? I have been considering one. Are the FBL CP's significantly simpler, mechanically, to set up?

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca