View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,976 Posts
Yeah thanks for that Marlin and i'm using the same motor mount as you from customrcparts and i've just checked my CoG again and it should be 70mm from the leading edge when using a lipo and 67 with stock setup.
After reading what you said about being tail heavy it all seems to make sense as thats how she was flying but i did/have checked CoG and she is bang on level but when i checked it the other night she was a bit nose heavy,so it looks like i must of been off with my measurements and i'm going to put some nose weight in there now to make sure one way or the other as i can fly a plane nose heavy a lot easier than i can tail heavy as i found out today,DOH

Weather is meant to be good for tomorrow apart from the cold but i'll brave that again just to see what happens but i'm sure your right,but to be honest she feels way over powered with that motor and i have a few YouTube buddies that fly with that motor in there F4U's,T-28's and so on but i can't see me ever giving her that much power so it would seem like a waste of power for me but i'll see what happens tomorrow before i make my mind up completely

Thanks again Marlin

Ian
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz