Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Screw the wind, let's fly!
United States, GA, Sautee Nacoochee
Joined Feb 2008
2,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
Thanks NAV.

That was what I was thinking (5g servo, and rubberband on balsa plate).... I love the idea of adding a camera to a parachutist.... awesome. I have an old gumstick cam doing nothing that is going to get shock tested !!

The question is can I prevent my 8 year old from trying to mow the parachutist down once release... probably not... should make for some interesting video !!
Probably not is right. I was 47 when that was filmed and I couldnt help but to do so.
If you watch my vid close (full screen is best) you can see me doing some mock mowing at them. I did use a gumstick cam, rubber banded to the parachute guy, so yours is perfect for the job.
I didnt even use a balsa plate. I looped the rubber band around one lg leg, across the bottom of the fuse and up to a 5g placed about 1.5 inches below the passenger window. If you want I can make you a short how to vid .Lemme know. Oh, while I havent tried doing this, I'm told that if you cut a small hole in the top of the chute, it wont spin around as much. Again, I have not tried this, so let us know if you do and it works. I'd believe it coming from you. Right now its just hearsay.
It sure adds yet another dose of fun to this extremely adaptable plane, and kids love chasing the chutes..
I lub da cub.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Nov 18, 2010 at 08:13 PM.